Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Money Maker



Money is just an illusion but needed by our physical being to sustain our necessities to survive disregarding our desires and luxuries in life. It is just a piece of paper where everyone wants to have not just a little but more than enough.

Each one of us I know is struggling to battle the loss of amount in our ATM cards, saying “zero balance”. Expenses are inevitable. Every time we go out of our apartment will cost pesos even if we are just inside. Everything that surrounds us has a cost.

Now I just want you to know that wise spending of that piece of paper will help us achieve the triumph between the battle of “out of stock” and “over flowing stock”. Of course we are on the side of the over flowing one. We don’t wish to be out of stock right?

Being a wise spender of money is having a determined set of mind and discipline to control the outburst of emotion with regards on the things that really caught our attention to pull out something on our pocket. Spending money on the things that will just satisfy us for a bit of time is not a good act of saving. We really need to determine and prioritize our expenses but not to the point of depriving ourselves. It is also a matter of decision and balancing which one is more necessary than the other.

I have a rule I set in my mind regarding money matter. Don’t think money is nothing. Though I said it is just an illusion, money is important as we know. Of course now in this generation we can not live without money. Some people especially the young one think that money is just nothing. They believe that it is not that important to have. So what they do is to spend it to the point that only air comes out in their pocket. During my High School Year although I belong to the lower middle class family, I thought that money is nothing. Because at that age I thought that it causes people to do bad things- robbery, snatching, hatred and envy. When times that I have money I will not let it take a long time in my pocket and definitely I will buy anything without realizing that after, I will be a poor man. A man who don’t have lunch meal, who can not buy materials for my project and who can not afford to pay for transportation fare. Think about it, money is important to have.

Do not love money. Money is not the thing to be loved for. Do not make yourself conquer by the loved of money. God says in his word that “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil”. True enough that what is happening in our community is the rampant evil act due to their love and craving for money. People will do anything just to have it. They will involve themselves in any illegal deeds to earn money until they become high on it. They think that having many sacks of money will free them from problem at all and can give them the happiness they wanted. Money is just a paper. It just happened that human gave value for it. It doesn’t have life for us to love. It is just a reward for the hard work and for every excellence we committed. I remember one thing when I was listening in the audio book of “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kayosaki; he says “Do not work for money. Money will work for you”.

Don’t be impulsive. Think first before doing an action. Most of the times we are getting impulsive to buy something especially when we have our salary. Our mind focuses on which to spend it. We are thinking of buying things that will add more "pogi/ganda points"(means publicity) for us although we know that we still have some things to prioritize. Buying new clothes, new shoes and other new things which are not that necessary will pull us down to save money. At the end of the day some of us are surprised of where our money went to. We do not know where we spent it. We almost forgot everything we had bought. That is the trend for money. It seems like a bubble that will pop in just a glance.

These are just some of my own tips that really help me a lot in saving… I am not a millionaire yet but I know the promises of God. God said in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” We must be accountable and responsible on spending our money. Money is not the key to success but it is our attitude towards it… Though we need to live our life one step at a time, we still have to use our wisdom that there are many tomorrows that will come…



- Millionaire Mind Wesley H. De Mesa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads


Best
Philippines
Hotels Rates!

Followers